Raquel “Rae” Gonzalez
Term of Office: November 2016 – November 2020
Raquel “Rae” Gonzalez was born in San Francisco, CA, the first of two children of Fernando & Ruby Paniagua. She came to Colma in her Kindergarten year and attended Colma Elementary/Intermediate K-8 and graduated from Jefferson High School. Rae graduated with a B.A. in Visual Communication from S.F. State and some day hopes to complete her Masters.
Rae’s work in public service began in 1989 when she was hired by the Town of Colma as the Public Information Officer in the administrative offices of the City Manager. In 2001 she was elected City Treasurer. Still wanting to be more involved within her community she ran for City Council and was elected in December 2009.
Rae and her husband Ken are happily married with three children: Gabriel, Elaina and Aidan. When not working as a Medical Billing Specialist she is involved with the local elementary school, Susan B. Anthony where her children currently attend. Most times you can see her zipping around as her children’s “taxi cab driver”.
Council Committee Assignments
Representing the Town of Colma on Citywide and Regional committees is one of the duties of a Council Member. The following are committees that Rae serves on as a member or alternate:
- Member of the Board of Directors, Peninsula Congestion Relief Alliance – “The Alliance”
- San Mateo Council of Cities
- California League of Cities
- City Representative at Colma-Daly City Chamber of Commerce – Alternate
- ABAG Representative – Alternate
- Grand Boulevard Task Force – Primary
- Peninsula Clean Energy Board of Directors – Primary