$13.15 to $15.98 per hour
Varied Work Hours, Days, Evenings & Weekends
First review of Applications – October 20, 2017
The Facility Attendant serves as a receptionist for Town’s recreation facilities and is responsible for greeting residents and visitors, registering class participants, processing rentals, explaining rules for facility usage, efficient preparation and taking down of equipment at Town facilities; assisting and overseeing people using the facilities; attending and participating in weekend and evening activities as assigned. Familiarity with computers, modern technology and customer service required. Facility Attendants do not receive Town benefits and may be released from employment with or without cause.
- Communicating and assuring compliance with specific rules and policies to user groups.
- Preparing and distributing Town of Colma identification cards, including verification of residency.
- Setting up and taking down recreational and facility equipment.
- Enrolling participants in recreation activities utilizing computer system.
- Assisting residents with facility bookings and entering reservations in computer system.
- Taking payments and balancing receipts.
- Attending staff meetings.
- Performing light janitorial and maintenance duties.
- Applying basic first aid.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Great with diverse customers.
- Effective communicator.
- Excellent customer skills practices.
- Modern information technology.
- Equipment, methods and procedures used in custodial activities and semi-skilled activities.
- Represent the Town positively.
- Exercise excellent customer service skills including patience and professionalism at all times.
- Deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities in situations requiring diplomacy, friendliness, poise and tact.
- Speak and write clearly.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Work a varied schedule including some weekends and evenings.
- Operate basic office equipment.
- Learn Recreation Department Software.
- Establish and maintain effective, harmonious working relationships.
- Understand and work effectively with the public.
- Learn and interpret specific rules and polices and apply them with good judgment.
- Perform light janitorial and maintenance duties, safely lift up to 30 lbs.
- Attain CPR/First Aid certification within 60 days of hire.
Education and Experience:
The incumbent needs the knowledge to perform all duties on the job description. Any combination of education and life experience is acceptable.
High School diploma or equivalent and some experience working with groups is desirable.