First review of applications: February 23, 2018; Open until filled.
$13.15 to $15.98 per hour
To apply, please fill out Recreation Services Department Application.
The Facility Attendant serves as a receptionist for Town’s recreation facilities and is responsible for greeting resi-dents and visitors, registering class participants, processing rentals, explaining rules for facility usage, efficient preparation and taking down of equipment at Town facilities; assisting and overseeing people using the facilities; attending and participating in weekend and evening activities as assigned. Familiarity with computers, modern technology and customer service required. Facility Attendants do not receive Town benefits and may be re-leased from employment with or without cause.
- Communicating and assuring compliance with specific rules and policies to user groups.
- Preparing and distributing Town of Colma identification cards, including verification of residency.
- Setting up and taking down recreational and facility equipment.
- Enrolling participants in recreation activities utilizing computer system.
- Assisting residents with facility bookings and entering reservations in computer system.
- Taking payments and balancing receipts.
- Attending staff meetings.
- Performing light janitorial and maintenance duties.
- Applying basic first aid.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Represent the Town positively.
- Exercise excellent customer service skills including patience and professionalism at all times.
- Deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities in situations requiring diplomacy, friendliness, poise and tact.
- Speak and write clearly.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Work a varied schedule including some weekends and evenings.
- Operate basic office equipment.
- Learn Recreation Department Software.
- Establish and maintain effective, harmonious working relationships.
- Understand and work effectively with the public.
- Learn and interpret specific rules and policies and apply them with good judgment.
- Perform light janitorial and maintenance duties, safely lift up to 30 lbs.
- Attain CPR/First Aid certification within 60 days of hire.