Recruitment is open until filled.
First Review of Applications – August 14, 2017
The Town of Colma Police Department is seeking individuals who have graduated from a California P.O.S.T. certified academy, successfully completed a field training program and are committed to public safety and quality service to community residents, businesses, and visitors. We are a small, professional department, which enthusiastically supports the professional development of experienced Police Officers through unique training and academic opportunities.
Ideal candidates will:
- Have the ability to make arrests and to comprehend, explain and apply complex issues of the law; drive a motor vehicle under emergency conditions; qualify in the use of firearms on a periodic basis; write accurate and concise reports.
- Be responsive to all in need regardless of their position in life.
- Respect the diversity of our community.
- Serve as a steward of the resources provided.
- Solicit public support and involvement in our efforts to promote organizational efficiency without distracting from the overall quality of life in our unique Town.
- Exercise discretion and have compassion and understanding, treat people equally, and use sound judgment.
- Support alternative diversion programs for at-risk youth and first time offenders.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with the public, public officials, other employees, supervisors, and employees of other police and non-police organizations and agencies.
Police Officers answer calls for the protection of life and property and for the enforcement of State and local laws. Police Officers conduct investigations of crimes and arrest suspects; investigate traffic accidents and enforce traffic laws; present evidence in court and interview complainants.