$46.44 per hour
Recruitment is open until filled; First Review of Applications – December 17, 2018
Varied Work Hours as needed – Not a set schedule
Days, Evenings & Weekends
The Police Dispatcher/Clerk is a non-sworn technical and complex clerical support classification associated with law enforcement support services assigned in the Town Police Department. Police Dispatcher/Clerks learn and perform a variety of responsible records management, communications and dispatching duties for emergency and non-emergency calls for service.
To apply, please fill out Employment Application.
- Dispatches police officers to calls for service.
- Provides assistance, information and directions to non-emergency callers including but not limited to police, fire, paramedic, animal control and public utilities calls for service, forwards non-emergency calls to proper personnel or departments.
- Maintains awareness of field unit activities; communicates with field units through radio in accordance with Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations; maintains status and location of units on patrol.
- Retrieves information from State and National computer networks regarding wanted persons, stolen property, vehicle registration, stolen vehicles and other related information.
- Enters call information into computer systems; logs and completes call forms, maintains records of calls for service and self-initiated officer activities.
- Assists the public at the front counter; provides information and responds to general inquiries.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Any combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge, skill and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
Certificate: Possession of a POST Public Safety Dispatcher certification.
Education & Training: Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Two (2) years of responsible office clerical experience that included significant public contact. RIMS knowledge preferred
Must also pass a background investigation.
The most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the selection process.