$45.86 per hour
Part-Time Flexible Schedule; Approximately 20 hours per week
Recruitment is open until filled; First Review of Applications – March 23, 2018
The Town of Colma Police Department is seeking individuals who have graduated from a California P.O.S.T. certified academy and are committed to public safety and quality service to community residents, businesses, and visitors. We are a small, professional department, which enthusiastically supports the professional development of experienced Police Officers through unique training and academic opportunities.
Police Officers answer calls for the protection of life and property and for the enforcement of State and local laws. Police Officers conduct investigations of crimes and arrest suspects; investigate traffic accidents and enforce traffic laws; present evidence in court and interview complainants.
- Responds to emergencies to protect life and property.
- Proactively identifies community issues and develops solutions with an emphasis on community-oriented policing and problem solving approach.
- Maintains a highly visible presence and provides a high level of service to the community.
- Patrols assigned areas within the community for the prevention and detection of crime and enforcement of laws and regulations.
- Addresses traffic safety issues and provides for orderly and safe traffic flow within the community. Identifies causes of problems and develops strategies to reduce traffic-related injuries and property damage.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of appointment, a U.S. citizen and possess a valid California driver’s license.
- Must have graduated from a California P.O.S.T. certified academy.
Education: Applicants must have a high school diploma/GED and at least thirty (30) semester units at an accredited college or university (by the date of application), to be eligible to participate in the selection process.
For more information click here to view the brochure.
To apply, please fill out the employment application.