Open until filled
$14.11 to $16.33 per hour
Senior Recreation Leaders assist the Coordinators and the Director with the Town’s daily recreation activities and programming, including supervision of recreational programs for children, adults and senior citizens. Recreation Leaders do not receive Town benefits and may be released from employment with or without cause.
- Organizing, leading and conducting a wide variety of indoor and outdoor recreation activities at parks, play-grounds and community centers including after-school programs, teen center, day camps, play groups, special events and senior events.
- Guiding recreation activities of children, teens and adults.
- Actively managing children’s playground activities.
- Assuring that supplies and equipment are in order.
- Setting up and taking down recreational and facility equipment.
- Enrolling participants in recreation activities utilizing computer system.
- Assisting residents with facility bookings and entering reservations in computer system.
- Maintaining communications with parents of participants.
- Attending staff meetings.
- Performing light janitorial and maintenance duties.
- Applying basic first aid.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Plan, organize and conducts recreation programs for children.
- Represent the Town positively.
- Exercise excellent customer service skills including patience and professionalism at all times.
- Deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities in situations requiring diplomacy, friendliness, poise and tact.
- Speak and write clearly.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Work a varied schedule including some weekends and evenings.
- Operate basic office equipment.
- Learn Recreation Department Software.
- Establish and maintain effective, harmonious working relationships.
- Understand and work effectively with the public, especially children.
- Learn and interpret specific rules and polices and apply them with good judgment.
- Perform light janitorial and maintenance duties, safely lift up to 30 lbs.
- Attain CPR/First Aid certification within 60 days of hire.