Varied Work Hours: Days, Evenings & Weekends
Final Filing Date: Open Until Filled
$14.11 to $16.33 per hour
JOIN OUR TEAM!
If you are looking for a position that will allow you a flexible work schedule and the ability to use your creativity and people skills? Then this may be the job for you!
The Recreation Department of the Town of Colma is recruiting for a part-time Senior Recreation Leader for immediate hiring who will enjoy exercising creativity, working with Children and Seniors. The Ideal candidate will be available to work year-round, a varied work schedule, including Days, Evenings and Weekends.
- Organizing, leading and conducting a wide variety of indoor and outdoor recreation activities at parks, play-grounds and community centers including after-school programs, teen center, day camps, play groups, special events and senior events.
- Guiding recreation activities of children, teens and adults.
- Actively managing children’s playground activities.
- Assuring that supplies and equipment are in order.
- Setting up and taking down recreational and facility equipment.
- Enrolling participants in recreation activities utilizing computer system.
- Assisting residents with facility bookings and entering reservations in computer system.
- Maintaining communications with parents of participants.
- Attending staff meetings.
- Performing light janitorial and maintenance duties.
- Applying basic first aid.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Plan, organize and conducts recreation programs for children.
- Represent the Town positively.
- Exercise excellent customer service skills including patience and professionalism at all times.
- Deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities in situations requiring diplomacy, friendliness, poise and tact.
- Speak and write clearly.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Work a varied schedule including some weekends and evenings.
- Operate basic office equipment.
- Learn Recreation Department Software.
- Establish and maintain effective, harmonious working relationships.
- Understand and work effectively with the public, especially children.
- Learn and interpret specific rules and polices and apply them with good judgment.
- Perform light janitorial and maintenance duties, safely lift up to 30 lbs.
- Attain CPR/First Aid certification within 60 days of hire.