ATTENTION COLMA RESIDENTS:
We are looking for leaders in each of the neighborhoods to be Block Captains.
Currently, there are Block Captains for B Street, D Street, Verano, and Hoffman Villa.
If you think you might be interested, contact Commander Sherwin Lum, phone: 650-997-8336, or email: Sherwin.Lum@colma.ca.gov for more information.
HOW TO START A NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH PROGRAM IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD
• If you already know some of your neighbors you are partway there!
• Appoint a Block Captain and Co-Captain.
• Contact your neighbors on your block and invite them to your BLOCK MEETING.
• Have your first meeting at a location where everyone can get to know each other; Community Center, Schools, or your residence.
• Outline a plan of action that includes what your neighbors want out of the program and how often they want to meet.
Your specific program is only as good as the involvement of its participants.
• The program belongs to your block and we are available to assist you if needed.
DUTIES OF A BLOCK CAPTAIN AND CO-CAPTAIN
• Host a block meeting. These meetings help to promote neighbor relations and allow neighbors to get to know each
• The Captain and Co-Captain will attend approximately two meetings per year with other Captains and Co-Captains at the Colma Police Department.
• Distribute information to your group that is passed on from the Colma Police Department.
• Develop a phone tree and e-mail addresses of all residents within the block and provide a copy to the police
• The Block Captain will contact neighbors to forward important information shared by the Colma Police Department.