During the month of May, there was one (1) report of a vehicle being burglarized. One vehicle was reported stolen and one occupied stolen vehicle was recovered.
During the month of May, the Colma Police Department received thirty-one (31) reports of theft related crimes and made sixteen (16) arrests ranging from petty theft, grand theft, embezzlement, and identity theft.
During the month of May, patrol officers made a total of eleven (11) arrests for drug and alcohol related charges, which included four (4) arrests for driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
Exhibit a Deadly Weapon and Criminal Threats
On 05/03/18, Colma Police Officers responded to the 100 block of Colma Boulevard on the report of a man brandishing a knife while challenging a person to a physical fight. The suspect also made threatening statements to the victim during the encounter. Upon arrival, Colma Police Officers located an adult male who matched the description of the suspect with a knife a short distance away. Colma Officers took the suspect into custody without incident and located the knife that was used in a threatening manner.
On 05/08/18, a male suspect stole merchandise from a store in the commercial business district (100 block of Colma Blvd.) of Colma. The suspect stole approximately $1,037.49 worth of merchandise. The suspect was located, positively identified by a witness, and arrested. The suspect is awaiting criminal prosecution for the theft.
Recovery of Stolen Vehicle
On 05/30/18, Colma Police Officers contacted four subjects located inside and near a vehicle parked in the Metro Mall parking lot located on the 100 block of Colma Boulevard. The vehicle was determined to be stolen out of San Francisco. One of the suspects was arrested for vehicle theft and being in possession of the stolen vehicle. Two other suspects were arrested for outstanding warrants and possession of suspected methamphetamine.
- Officer Guerrero participated in one San Mateo County Saturation Traffic Enforcement Program (STEP) detail.
- Officer Alvarado participated in the San Mateo County Gang Task Force summer monthly deployment.
- 05/02/18, San Mateo County Law Enforcement Officer Memorial
- 05/03/18, San Mateo County Inner Perspectives Graduation Ceremony
- 05/04/18, Orange Theory Fitness Grand Opening
- 05/09/18, Council Meeting, Reserve Police Officer Moreno’s swearing in
- 05/12/18, Gun Buy Back Day – DCPD
- 05/16/18, Peninsula Food Pantry Appreciation Lunch
- 05/19/18, Town Wide Clean Up
- 05/19/18, San Bruno PD Police Recognition Day
- 05/22/18, Westmoor H.S. End of Fast Dinner
- 05/23/18, Senior Luncheon
- 05/23/18, Council Meeting
- 05/24/18, Active Shooter Training