City Manager’s Update
Brian Dossey, City Manager
May and June are always busy months for Town staff as we are putting the finishing touches on the next year’s budget for City Council’s consideration. As we continue to bounce back from the Covid-19 pandemic, the Town’s revenues are back to where they once were pre-Covid-19. Therefore, the Town is preparing a full service budget, where all city services will return by July 1, 2022. That means the Colma Police Department will be fully staffed, Recreation programs and events will return in full, and Town offices and facilities will continue to be open. If you have any questions regarding the budget please join us at the City Council meeting on June 8 at 7pm on zoom. The zoom link can be found on our website at www.colma.ca.gov.
As we begin to move into the summer months, you will start to see some of our Capital Improvement Projects throughout Town. Beginning in June, July and August, please watch for our roadway rehabilitation project on the 300 block of F Street, the refurbishing of the F Street retaining wall, and beautification and safety projects along Mission Road. We will also be re-paving the parking lots at all Town facilities.
Please join the Town on June 8 at 4:00pm at the Colma Community Center as we celebrate Philippine Independence at our flag raising ceremony. At the flag raising event we will be joined by the Philippine Consul General of San Francisco, Honorable Neil Frank R. Ferrer. The Honorable Neil Frank R. Ferrer is the Consul General of the Republic of the Philippines in San Francisco, which has consular jurisdiction over Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Northern California, Northern Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington State, and Wyoming. Consul General Ferrer has served in various capacities at the Philippine Embassy in Beijing, China (2001-2003); Philippine Embassy in London, United Kingdom (2003-2009); and Philippine Embassy in Ottawa, Canada (2011-2013). He was Consul General of the Philippines in Vancouver, Canada from 2013 to 2018. Please join us in welcoming the Honorable Neil Frank R. Ferrer at our Philippine flag raising event. Light refreshments will be served. We hope to see you there.
Recreation Services Department Update
Angelika Abellana, Recreation Manager
Colma Families – Summer is just around the corner! Remember to sign your kids ages 5-12 years old for our in-person Summer Day Camp! In order to help us plan for your child’s day camp experience and provide maximum supervision, we ask that families pre-register their children for camp. You may pre-register online at apm.activecommunities.com/colmarecreation or by visiting the Colma Community Center during regular business hours. Camp starts on June 13 and runs through August 12, 2022. We also have several classes and great events during the summer months:
- Pabitin Craft for all ages on June 9, 2022
- Tiny Tots Story Time recommended for ages 6 and under on June 15, 2022
- Tween Nerf Party for age 10-14 years old on June 18, 2022
- Tree Tour at Cypress Lawn on June 18, 2022
- San Francisco Giants vs. Cincinnati Reds Game for all ages on June 24, 2022
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Tickets ages 5 and older on June 25, 2022
- Chess Wizard Camp for children ages 5-12 on June 27- July 1, 2022
- Colma Community Fair for all ages on July 9, 2022
- Family Mini Golf at Stagecoach Greens all ages on July 15, 2022
- Senior Lunch – Summer Lovin’ BBQ Luncheon for ages 18 and older on July 20, 2022.
- Color Me Mine for ages 18 and older on July 22, 2022
- Summer Concert Series for all ages; Thursday August 4, 11& 18 from 6pm to 8pm
- Pokemon Engineering using LEGO Camp for children ages 5-12 on August 8-12, 2022
- San Francisco Japanese Tea Garden for ages 18 and older on August 10, 2022
- Family Pottery Party for ages 4 and older on August 13, 2022