Regular City Council Meeting – December 9, 2020
On March 17, 2020, the Governor issued Executive Order N-29-20 suspending certain provisions of the Ralph M. Brown Act in order to allow for local legislative bodies to conduct their meetings completely telephonically or by other electronic means. Pursuant to the Shelter-in-Place Orders issued by the San Mateo County Health Officer on March 16, 2020 and March 31,2020, the statewide Shelter-in-Place Order issued by the Governor in Executive Order N-33-20 on March 19, 2020, and the CDC’s social distancing guidelines which discourage large public gatherings, the Council Chamber will not be open to the public for this Town of Colma City Council Meeting. The purpose of these orders was to provide the safest environment for Council Members, staff and the public while allowing for public participation.
Members of the public may view the meeting by attending, via telephone or computer,
the Zoom Meeting listed below:
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81289976261
Meeting ID: 812 8997 6261
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,81289976261#,,,,,,0#,,074407# US (San Jose)
+13462487799,,81289976261#,,,,,,0#,,074407# US (Houston)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
Meeting ID: 812 8997 6261
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kco5bgxkcc
Members of the public may provide written comments by email to the City Clerk at email@example.com before or during the meeting. Emailed comments should include the specific agenda item on which you are commenting or note that your comment concerns an item that is not on the agenda. The length of the emailed comment should be commensurate with the three minutes customarily allowed for verbal comments, which is approximately 250-300 words.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE AND ROLL CALL – 7:00PM
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
- Introduction of New Accounting Technician Nicole Nguyen
- Proclamation in honor of the retirement of Human Resources Manager Letty Juárez
Comments on the Consent Calendar and Non-Agenda Items will be heard at this time. Comments on Agenda Items will be heard when the item is called.
- Motion to Accept the Minutes from the November 12, 2020 Regular Meeting.
- Motion to Approve the Report of Checks Paid for November 2020.
- Motion to Adopt an Ordinance Adding Colma Municipal Code Subchapter 2.09 to Require Safe Storage of Firearms in a Residence.
- Motion Approving the Town’s Response to the Grand Jury Report Dated October 7, 2020, Titled “Ransomware: It Is Not Enough To Think You Are Protected.”
- Motion Approving and Accepting the Development Impact Fee Report for Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 2020.
- COUNCIL OF CITIES AND CITY SELECTION COMMITTEE
Consider: Motion to Confirm Designation of the Mayor as the Voting Member for the Council of Cities, Designating an Alternate Voting Member, and Giving the Voting Member Discretion on Any and All Matters to be Considered.
- COUNCIL COMMITTEE ASSIGNMENTS
Consider: Motion Approving Committee Assignments for 2021 and Granting to the Appointee Discretion in Voting on Matters Brought Before the Committee.
- GENERAL PLAN INTRODUCTION, LAND USE AND HISTORIC RESOURCES ELEMENT
This item is for discussion only; no action will be taken at this meeting.
Colma, CA 94014