Regular City Council Meeting – January 11, 2023
6:00 pm Town Hall
1198 El Camino Real, Colma 94014
This City Council meeting will be conducted pursuant to the provisions of Assembly Bill 361 and Government Code Section 54953(e) (and without compliance with section 54953(b)(3) related to conducting public meetings during the COVID-19 pandemic. The City Council, staff and members of the public may participate in the meeting in person at Town Hall or virtually via Zoom Video Conference.
To attend the meeting in person:
Town Hall, Council Chamber, 1198 El Camino Real, Colma CA 94014
To participate in the meeting via Zoom Video Conference:
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81289976261
Meeting ID: 812 8997 6261
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
Meeting ID: 812 8997 6261
To provide Public Comment in person:
Members of the public wishing to speak are requested to complete a yellow speaker card and submit it to the City Clerk. Comments should be kept to three minutes or less.
To provide Public Comment via Zoom Video Conference:
Live verbal public comments may be made by requesting to speak using the “raise hand” feature in Zoom or, if calling in by phone, by pressing *9 on the telephone keypad prior to the consent calendar being heard, or prior to the close of the public comment period for agenda items or non-agenda items. In response, the Town will unmute the speaker and allow them to speak up to three minutes.
To provide Public Comment in writing:
Members of the public may provide written comments by email to the City Clerk at email@example.com before the meeting. Emailed comments should include the specific agenda item on which you are commenting or note that your comment concerns an item that is not on the agenda. The length of the emailed comment should be commensurate with the three minutes customarily allowed for verbal comments, which is approximately 250-300 words.
CLOSED SESSION – 6:00 PM
- In Closed Session under Government Code § 54957.6, CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
Agency Negotiator: Austris Rungis, IEDA
Employee Organizations: Colma Communications/Records Association
Unrepresented Employees: City Clerk
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE AND ROLL CALL – 7:00 PM
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
- Holiday House Decorating Contest Award Recipients
Comments on the Consent Calendar and Non-Agenda Items will be heard at this time. Comments on Agenda Items will be heard when the item is called.
- Motion to Accept the Minutes from the December 13, 2022 Special Meeting.
- Motion to Accept the Minutes from the December 14, 2022 Regular Meeting.
- Motion to Approve Report of Checks Paid for December 2022.
- Motion to Reconfirm the Findings and Determinations Made in Resolution No. 2021-33 and Under Assembly Bill 361 for the Continuation of Virtual Meetings, with Acknowledgment that the California Department of Public Health has Updated the Definition of “Close Contact” in Regulation 3205 from Being within 6 Feet of Another Person to Sharing the Same Indoor Space with Another Person for 15 Minutes or More, Which Further Supports the Findings.
- Motion to Adopt an Ordinance Amending Section 1.02.020 of the Colma Municipal Code Relating to a Council Vacancy Pursuant to CEQA Guideline 15061(b)(3) (second reading).
- Motion to Accept Informational Report on Recreation Department Programs, Activities, Events, and Trips for the Fourth Quarter of 2022.
- Motion to Adopt a Resolution Directing Town Staff to Fly Various Commemorative Flags in Lieu of the Town of Colma Flag at the Colma Community Center.
- Motion to Introduce an Ordinance Amending Chapter 5, Subchapter 4 of the Town of Colma Municipal Code, Adopting by Reference the 2022 Edition of the California Building Standards Code (California Code of Regulations, Title 24), Consisting of the 2022 California Building Code, the 2022 California Residential Code, the 2022 California Electrical Code, the 2022 California Mechanical Code, the 2022 California Plumbing Code, the 2022 California Fire Code, the 2022 California Energy Code, the 2022 California Green Building Standards Code, the 2022 California Historical Building Code, the 2022 California Existing Building Code and the 2022 California Referenced Standards Code; the 1997 Edition of the Uniform Housing Code; and the 2018 International Property Maintenance Code, Together With Certain Additions, Amendments, and Deletions, All Pursuant to CEQA Guidelines 15061(b)(3) and 15378, and Waive Further Reading of the Ordinance; and Schedule a Public Hearing for February 8, 202
- ORDINANCE ADDING COLMA MUNICIPAL CODE SUBCHAPTER 2.10 RELATING TO FIREWORKS
Consider: Motion to Introduce and Waive Further Reading of an Ordinance Adding Subchapter 2.10 to the Colma Municipal Code Relating to Fireworks Pursuant to CEQA Guidelines 15061(b)(3), 15307, and 15308.
The City Council Meeting Agenda Packet and supporting documents are available for review on the Town’s website www.colma.ca.gov or at Colma Town Hall, 1198 El Camino Real, Colma, CA. Persons interested in obtaining an agenda via e-mail should call 650-997-8300 or email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon request, this publication will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability, who requires a modification or accommodation to view the agenda, should direct such a request to Pak Lin, ADA Coordinator, at 650-997-8300 or email@example.com. Please allow two business days for your request to be processed.
Colma, CA 94014