On March 17, 2020, the Governor issued Executive Order N-29-20 suspending certain provisions of the Ralph M. Brown Act in order to allow for local legislative bodies to conduct their meetings completely telephonically or by other electronic means. This suspension was extended by the Governor on June 11, 2021 by issuance of Executive Order N-08-21 which continues to allow for complete virtual City Council meetings. The purpose of these orders was to provide the safest environment for Council Members, staff and the public while allowing for public participation.
Members of the public may view the meeting by attending, via telephone or computer, the Zoom Meeting listed below:
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81289976261
Meeting ID: 812 8997 6261
Passcode: 074407 One tap mobile
+16699006833,,81289976261#,,,,,,0#,,074407# US (San Jose)
+13462487799,,81289976261#,,,,,,0#,,074407# US (Houston)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
Meeting ID: 812 8997 6261
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kco5bgxkcc
Members of the public may provide written comments by email to the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org before or during the meeting. Emailed comments should include the specific agenda item on which you are commenting or note that your comment concerns an item that is not on the agenda. The length of the emailed comment should be commensurate with the three minutes customarily allowed for verbal comments, which is approximately 250-300 words.
CLOSED SESSION – 6:00PM
- In Closed Session Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6 – Conference with Labor
Agency Negotiator: Austris Rungis, IEDA
Employee Organizations: Colma Peace Officers Association and Colma Communications/Records Association
Unrepresented Employees: All
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE AND ROLL CALL – 7:00PM
REPORT FROM CLOSED SESSION
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
- Introduction of Associate Planner Laurel Mathews
- Introduction of Recreation Manager Angelika Abellana
Comments on the Consent Calendar and Non-Agenda Items will be heard at this time. Comments on Agenda Items will be heard when the item is called.
- Motion to Accept the Minutes from the July 14, 2021 Regular Meeting.
- Motion Designating a Voting Delegate for the Annual League of California Cities Conference in September 2021.
- Motion to Adopt a Resolution Approving and Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Memorandum of Understanding Between San Mateo County and the Town of Colma and Authorizing San Mateo County to Provide Education and Enforcement Efforts for the Sustainable Food Ware Ordinance Within the Town of Colma.
- Motion to Adopt a Resolution Approving the Second Revised and Restated Joint Exercise of Powers Agreement for the San Mateo County Operational Area Emergency Services Organization.
- Motion to Adopt a Resolution Approving and Authorizing the City Manager to Execute the Agreement with the Archdiocese of San Francisco for the Donation of Land Fronting the Holy Cross Cemetery Property on Mission Road.
- F STREET RETAINING WALL IMPROVEMENT PROJECT – BID PACKAGE APPROVAL
Consider: Motion to Adopt a Resolution Approving Bid Document Package and Authorizing Staff to Advertise Notice Inviting Bids for the F Street Retaining Wall Improvement Project and Authorize the City Manager to Approve Changes to the Plan Documents as Needed or Required.
- SENATE BILL 1383 OVERVIEW PRESENTATION
This item is for discussion only; no action will be taken at this meeting.
Mayor/City Council City Manager
The City Council Meeting Agenda Packet and supporting documents are available for review on the Town’s website www.colma.ca.gov or at Colma Town Hall, 1198 El Camino Real, Colma, CA. Persons interested in obtaining an agenda via e-mail should call Caitlin Corley, City Clerk at 650-997-8300 or email a request to email@example.com.
Upon request, this publication will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability, who requires a modification or accommodation to view the agenda, should direct such a request to Pak Lin, ADA Coordinator, at 650-997-8300 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow two business days for your request to be processed.
Agenda Pack updated 07.28.21. Items #2 and #7 have been updated and are attached at the end of the packet.