The City Council meeting will be conducted virtually pursuant to the provisions of Assembly Bill 361 amending the Ralph M. Brown Act and Government Code Section 54953(e) (and without compliance with section 54953(b)(3)) related to conducting public meetings during the COVID-19 pandemic based on the current State of Emergency and the existing State recommendations on social distancing. The Council Chambers will not be open to the public for this City Council meeting.
Members of the public may view the meeting by attending, via telephone or computer, the Zoom Meeting listed below:
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81289976261
Meeting ID: 812 8997 6261
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,81289976261#,,,,,,0#,,074407# US (San Jose)
+13462487799,,81289976261#,,,,,,0#,,074407# US (Houston)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
Meeting ID: 812 8997 6261
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kco5bgxkcc
Members of the public may provide written comments by email to the City Clerk at email@example.com before the meeting. Emailed comments should include the specific agenda item on which you are commenting or note that your comment concerns an item that is not on the agenda. The length of the emailed comment should be commensurate with the three minutes customarily allowed for verbal comments, which is approximately 250-300 words. Verbal comments will also be accepted during the meeting.
CLOSED SESSION – 6:30 PM
- In Closed Session Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2) - CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – ANTICIPATED LITIGATION
Worker’s Compensation Claim Regarding Police Officer (documents are available for public inspection pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(e)(3) by contacting the City Clerk).
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE AND ROLL CALL - 7:00 PM
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
- Introduction of New Administrative Technician Shelby Wright
- Proclamations in honor of Ovarian and Prostate Cancer
- Proclamation in honor of Suicide Awareness
- Honor Roll Student Recognition
Comments on the Consent Calendar and Non-Agenda Items will be heard at this time. Comments on Agenda Items will be heard when the item is called.
- Motion to Accept the Minutes from the August 24, 2022 Regular Meeting.
- Motion to Accept the Minutes from the September 7, 2022 Special Meeting.
- Motion to Approve Report of Checks Paid for August 2022.
- Motion to Reconfirm the Findings and Determinations Made in Resolution No. 2021-33 and Under Assembly Bill 361 for the Continuation of Virtual Meetings, with Acknowledgment that the California Department of Public Health has Updated the Definition of “Close Contact” in Regulation 3205 from Being within 6 Feet of Another Person to Sharing the Same Indoor Space with Another Person for 15 Minutes or More, Which Further Supports the Findings.
6a. Motion to Adopt a Resolution to Submit an Application to the San Mateo County Transportation Authority for Cycle 6 Pedestrian and Bicycle Program Funding for the El Camino Real Complete Street Project from Mission Road to Arlington Drive, City of South San Francisco (Segment B); and
6b. Motion to Adopt a Resolution to Submit an Application to the San Mateo County Transportation Authority for Cycle 6 Pedestrian and Bicycle Program Funding for the Serramonte West Boulevard Bicycle and Pedestrian Improvement Project (Phase I).
- RAISING OF THE NATIONAL FLAG OF ARMENIA
Consider: Motion to Adopt a Resolution Directing Town Staff to Fly the National Flag of Armenia at the Community Center in Lieu of the Town Flag from September 21, 2022 to September 28, 2022, in Honor of Armenian Independence Day.
- CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT - 1531 MISSION
Consider: Motion to Adopt a Resolution Granting a Conditional Use Permit to Allow a Minor Auto Repair Business at the Commercial Building Located at 1531 Mission Road (APN: 010-182-080), Pursuant to CEQA Guideline 15301, Class 1(A).
- FY 2022-23 NON-PROFIT FUNDING
Consider: Motion to Adopt a Resolution Determining Eligibility for Grant Funding, Approving Grants to Eligible Organizations, Finding That Each Approved Grant Serves a Public Purpose, and Authorizing Contracts with Each Eligible Organization for the Use of Town Funds.
The City Council Meeting Agenda Packet and supporting documents are available for review on the Town’s website www.colma.ca.gov or at Colma Town Hall, 1198 El Camino Real, Colma, CA. Persons interested in obtaining an agenda via e-mail should call 650-997-8300 or email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon request, this publication will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability, who requires a modification or accommodation to view the agenda, should direct such a request to Pak Lin, ADA Coordinator, at 650-997-8300 or email@example.com. Please allow two business days for your request to be processed.