Chapter 8 of the Colma Municipal Code includes all of the Town ordinances regarding animals:
- The Town allows normal domestic pets such as dogs and cats.
- The Town prohibits the following:
- Feeding of birds in public places
- Chickens – Unless at least 500 feet from the nearest residence.
- Feeding of birds on private property except for residential bird feeders when suspended off the ground. See also the Town’s Bird Feeding brochure: https://www.colma.ca.gov/documents/bird-feeding-faq/
The Town of Colma contracts with the Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA (PHS), a private non-profit organization, to enforce all animal control laws, shelter homeless animals, and provide a variety of other services.