We are accepting all permit submissions and conducting building inspections. For the safety of the public and our staff, we have taken some preventative measures to avoid the spread of COVID. Our services will continue to be provided electronically via email, but limited in-person services will also be offered.
We are accepting digital submittal of all permits (not including Fire permits) for plan review. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
To book an appointment to pick-up approved plans and issued permits, click the button below.
The permit counter will be open for the following services:
- General permit questions
- Checking in for an appointment
- Assistance with scheduling an appointment
- Hard copy plan, document, and/or check payment drop off
All issued building permits require inspections. If you have not requested an inspection within 180 days of your permit's date of issuance, your building permit will expire. You can request an inspection (for issued building permits only) by clicking the button below. Please specify the type of inspection.
Inspections are available Monday – Friday via two timeslots:
- AM (8:30AM – 12PM)
- PM (1PM – 4:30PM)
- Inspector will arrive within the chosen time frame.
- At least 1 business day’s notice is required before the requested inspection date.
- Cut-off time for next-day requests is 3PM.
- Next-day requests submitted after 3PM will be denied.
- Same-day bookings will be denied.
If you have any questions, please call the Building Department at 650-757-8888.