FAQ Topic: Recreation

How do I register for Summer Day Camp?

Summer Day Camp registration is now open! Youth ages 5-12 years old are invited to explore a wide range of activities to during the summer break. Children will enjoy art & crafts, outdoor games, indoor games, music, cooking projects, movies, and so much more.   For more information and registration details please visit our Summer Day Camp page.

What is your refund policy?

Recreation participants may cancel programs two weeks prior to the start of the program without penalty.  If participants cancel recreation programs within two weeks of the start of the program, refunds will not be returned.

How do I find out about recreation programs?

The Recreation Activity Guide offers information on programs, activities and events.  They are published three times per year and mailed to Colma Residents in the months of April, August and December.  Hard copies are available at the Colma Community Center, Sterling Park Recreation Center and Colma Town Hall. You may also call us directly at … Continued

How do I enroll in a recreation program?

There are two ways you can enroll in our recreation programs: Online –  Recreation participants may register for recreation programs and activities by visiting the Recreation Services Department active communities page.    If you are  Colma resident, please make sure you have a current Colma I.D. card and have a login and password prior to … Continued

What are the rules regarding smoking and alcohol use in parks?

Smoking is not permitted in any of the parks in Colma.   Alcoholic beverages are not permitted at Sterling Park or the Bark Park.  Beer and wine may be served at the Colma Community Center for certain permitted events.  For more information please call the Colma Recreation Services Department at (650) 985-5678.

What are the rules regarding dogs in parks?

Dogs are permitted at Sterling Park and Colma Historical Park, however they must be on a leash at all times. The Bark Park on D Street is an off leash dog run and play area.  The City Council adopted Bark Park Rules in January 2017.  The Bark Park rules enforce unwanted behavior or questionable usage, … Continued

How do I reserve the picnic area at Sterling Park?

The Town of Colma picnic site at Sterling Park can host picnics between 15-20 people. The site can be rented from 11am-6pm at a rate of $34 for Colma residents and $45 for non- residents. The deposit for renting the picnic site is $30.  Colma residents can reserve the picnic site up to three months … Continued

How do I get my Colma identification card

To be eligible for the resident rate for recreation programs, residents must first obtain a Town of Colma Identification card by completing the adult Colma ID card application and/or youth Colma ID card application and providing Recreation Services Department staff with proof of residence.  Colma identification cards are valid for one year from the date … Continued

Close window