FAQ Topic: Permits & Licensing

When does a permit expire?

Once a permit is issued you have up to 180 days to obtain your first inspection, and a maximum of 180 days between subsequent inspections. However, the Town has established an overall limit of 2 years from date of issuance to the completion  – or expiration of your permit. This limitation was put in place … Continued

How do I obtain a building permit?

Generally, minor permits are available over the counter, such as replacement water heaters, windows, re-roofs. Other projects that require construction drawings will need to be submitted for review. We have Building Permit Applications available online. And, when in doubt about how to submit your project please call us,  our Building Department staff will gladly explain … Continued

How do I reserve a recreation facility?

Town of Colma Recreation facilities may be rented for events, parties and meetings by visiting the Colma Community Center or Sterling Park Recreation Center during normal business hours.  For more information please call the Colma Recreation Services Department at (650) 985-5678.

How do I get a copy of a death certificate?

Death certificates can be requested from the San Mateo County Clerk-Recorder’s Office if the document is registered in San Mateo County. For more information, please contact the San Mateo County Clerk-Recorder’s Office or at (650) 363-4500.

How do I get a driver’s license?

You can apply for a new Driver’s License at the nearest Department of Motor Vehicles in Daly City. Department of Motor Vehicles 1500 Sullivan Ave Daly City, CA 94015

How do I get a parking permit?

A parking permit will be issued to vehicles that are properly registered through the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Colma residents must come to the Colma Police Department with a valid Driver’s License with the Colma address and the current vehicle registration that has the Colma address.   Please remember both Drivers License and Vehicle … Continued

How do I register my vehicle?

All vehicle registrations are processed through the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). To register a vehicle in California: Visit a local DMV office; the nearest is in Daly City at 1500 Sullivan Ave. Present proof of ownership and a smog certificate. Provide proof of your ID and car insurance. Complete an Application for Title or Registration … Continued

How do I get my pet licensed?

The 20 cities and towns in San Mateo County contract with the County to operate a countywide animal control program. Only dogs are required to licensed in Colma (cats are not required to get a license) San Mateo County Animal Control & Licensing 225 37th Ave San Mateo, CA 94403 Program Manager: (650) 573-3726

Close window