FAQ Topic: General Government Services

How can I dispose of an old mattress?

15 to 20 million mattresses are disposed of annually and far too many of them are ending up in landfills or even just on sidewalks, since most people are not aware of a viable option. In response, a guide was developed that explains how to donate a mattress as well as mattress recycling and more. … Continued

When and Where are City Council Meetings?

City Council meetings are held at Colma Town Hall, 1198 El Camino Real, Colma, CA 94014 on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at 7:00pm. For more information please visit our City Council page.

Where are the nearest colleges and how do I find out about admissions?

There are four colleges in proximity to Colma.  Please click on each school to find out more about applying for college today. San Francisco State University in San Francisco Skyline College in San Bruno San Francisco City College in San Francisco College of San Mateo in San Mateo

Where do I report for jury duty?

Jury duty is handled through the Juror Services Department of the San Mateo County Superior Court. For more information pertaining to jury services, contact San Mateo County Superior Court Juror Services at (650) 261-5100.

What are the rules for use of the Bark Park?

The City Council adopted Bark Park Rules in January 2017.  The Bark Park rules enforce unwanted behavior or questionable usage, and are in the best interests of health, safety, and general welfare of the park users.   Enforcement of the Bark Park Rules will be through the issuance of administrative citations.  Under the Town’s existing … Continued

What are the Town animal ordinances?

Chapter 8 of the Colma Municipal Code includes all of the Town ordinances regarding animals:  The Town allows normal domestic pets such as dogs and cats. The Town prohibits the following: Livestock Feeding of birds in public places Chickens – Unless at least 500 feet from the nearest residence. Feeding of birds on private property … Continued

Close window