Request for Reasonable Accommodations
The procedure below summarizes Town of Colma municipal Code 1.02.390-420
A Request for Reasonable Accommodation shall be initiated by submitting to the appropriate Department Director or ADA Coordinator a completed Request for Reasonable Accommodation Form.
The ADA Coordinator will work with the appropriate Department Director when considering to grant or deny the request for reasonable accommodation. The ADA Coordinator is also available to assist persons requesting a reasonable accommodation with the preparation and presentation of his or her request.
When considering whether to grant or deny a request for reasonable accommodation, the Department Director and ADA Coordinator shall consider all resources available to the Town for use in funding and operation of the service, program or activity.
The written decision to grant or deny a request for reasonable accommodation shall be based on consideration of the factors set forth below.
- Whether the Town, service program or activity, which is subject of the request, will be used by an individual with a disability under the Acts.
- Whether the request for reasonable accommodation is necessary to make the Town service, program, or activity available to an individual with a disability.
- Whether there is an alternative accommodation which may provide an equivalent level of benefit.
- Whether the requested reasonable accommodation would impose an undue financial or administrative burden.
- Whether the requested reasonable accommodation would require a fundamental alteration in the nature of the Town service, program or activity.
In granting a request for reasonable accommodation, the Department Director or ADA Coordinator may impose any conditions of approval deemed reasonable and necessary to ensure that the reasonable accommodation would comply with the findings listed above.
A determination by the Department Director or ADA Coordinator to grant or deny a request for reasonable accommodation may be appealed through the Town of Colma Grievance Procedure.