Partner with us to help keep Colma a safe community!
HOW TO START A NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH PROGRAM IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD
1. If you already know some of your neighbors you are partway there!
2. Appoint a Block Captain and Co-Captain.
3. Contact your neighbors on your block and invite them to your BLOCK MEETING.
4. Have your first meeting at a location where everyone can get to know each other; Community Center, Schools, or your Residence.
5. Outline a plan of action that includes what your neighbors want out of the program and how often they want to meet. Your specific program is only as good as the involvement of its participants.
6. The program belongs to your block and we are available to assist you if needed.
DUTIES OF A BLOCK CAPTAIN AND CO-CAPTAIN
1. Host a block meeting. These meetings help to promote neighbor relations and allow neighbors to get to know each other.
2. The Captain and Co-Captain will attend approximately two meetings per year with other Captains and Co-Captains at the Colma Police Department.
3. Distribute information to your group that is passed on from the Colma Police Department.
4. Develop a phone tree and e-mail addresses of all residents within the block and provide a copy to the police department.
5. The Block Captain will contact neighbors to forward important information shared by the Colma Police Department.
Contact Commander Sherwin Lum at (650) 997-8336, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Neighborhood Watch Signs will be provided and posted by the Town of Colma.
Community Safety Guide
Please select the icon below to learn how to keep our community safe. As you may know there are many ways you can be a vigilant citizen and keep your family, your neighbors, and yourself safe. The Community Safety Guide has been compiled from experts in the field to shed light on the subject of how to become a vigilant citizen and keeping our neighborhoods safe.